Friday, March 5, 2010

Ready For The Weekend

I spoke with Christy yesterday afternoon and as usual her spirits were off the charts. She said she is really getting her transfers down. I'm not surprised at all. Our conversation was abbreviated due to some adjustments they were to make on her wheel chair. She was to go off campus again for dinner so the changes needed to be done. Earlier that day, they had made some adjustments and now she felt as though she was in a recliner on wheels. This was not to her liking, and I quite honestly was surprised. For anyone who has ever sat in her driver's seat or my car's passenger seat after she has been in knows exactly what I'm talking about. Once you get seated, an adjustment must be made because you feel as though your laying in the back seat. Oh well, maybe now she has come to realize that good posture is important.

With regard to seating, Friday is big day for Christy. First, she will have a seating clinic in which they will fit her for her own personal wheel chair. Once the specifications have been determined, they will construct one to meet her needs. The good people at The Rehabilitation Center in Evansville will be involved in this process, and I can't begin to tell you how extremely helpful they have been. Also, today Christy will be free to remove her back brace for good! I think this is a huge milestone for her. I'm sure this is one of many more to come.

Today also starts a big weekend for Christy. She will once again get company from home. Last weekend Christy got to visit with her mother, Brenda, and sisters, Carla and Cathy. Emma and Jacob also made the trip, and they were great for her morale. Today, the girls from our neighborhood will make their way to Atlanta. I'm sure Christy can't wait to see Debi, Angela, and Laura, and I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

As always, thank you to everyone for their kindness. My family has been the recipients of so many prayers, well wishes, kind gestures, etc. We can't begin to repay all the kind acts, but we can say "thanks" and assure you that we are so appreciative of all that we have been given.

Randy

No comments:

Post a Comment